40:40 Recruitment Ltd – Your Personal Data and How We Use It
On 25th May, a new data protection law, the General Data Protection Law (GDPR) came into effect in the UK. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) means that you will have more control over how your data can be used. GDPR ensures that your personal data is better protected by organisations.
At 40:40 Recruitment Ltd, we have always been committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure, and the GDPR does not change our commitment to you. In line with this we have updated our Privacy Notice to explain these changes and give you more information about how we collect, use and store your personal data and your rights under the new law. The Privacy Notice also sets out information about your rights in relation to your personal data.
40:40 Recruitment Ltd.’s new Privacy Notice can be found below but is also available to view via our Facebook page (4040 Recruitment Ltd). Alternatively, a copy can be sent to you as an email attachment. To obtain a copy please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
40:40 Recruitment Ltd – Privacy Notice
40:40 Recruitment Ltd is a Specialist Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Recruitment Services Company covering the UK. This Privacy Notice sets out how 40:40 Recruitment Ltd uses and protects any information that you have given us / that we hold about you and provides you with information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This Policy Notice will make you aware of how and why 40:40 Recruitment Ltd use your personal data which is for the for the purposes of recruitment and how long it will be retained for.
1. 40:40 Recruitment Ltd is the Data Controller
What this means is we at 40:40 Recruitment Ltd are responsible for deciding how we hold, use and store any personal information about you within our company. Your details have been obtained by 40:40 Recruitment Ltd either from you directly via the phone, email or social media; your submission to a job advertisement or through a referrer of Candidates such as a Job Board.
2. What data do we collect and store?
We collect personal information about Candidates from the following:
- You, the Candidate
- From third parties, for example, job boards
- Named referees, for example details such as previous roles, contract length
- What you have said to us, for example, over the phone, via email or on social media. All phone calls after the 25th May 2018 will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes
- The basic data that you can expect to include is:
- Your name; Phone number(s); Email address(s); Address; Job Title
More in-depth data about you includes:
- Your CV; Employment history; Details provided by you, which are relevant to your job search, via phone, email, social media; Right to work documents such as Passport or Visa
3. Legal basis for processing personal data
You have positively consented to the use of your personal data for the purposes of enabling us to process applications for a job and secure interviews with prospective employers.
- We need to process your personal data:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you; and/or
- because you have asked us to do something before entering into a contract (e.g. help you in your job search).
- We cannot reasonably do what you have contracted us to/what you want without processing your personal data.
As a recruitment agency we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data in order to match employers with job seekers and to help you to find and ultimately secure the right role for your future employment. The use of your personal data is necessary to fulfil the above purpose and is balanced against your individual interests in so far as you would reasonably expect the processing and it would not cause unjustified harm.
4. How do we use this data?
40:40 Recruitment Ltd use this data primarily in recruiting/sourcing jobs for you and to comply with legal obligations. We will process your personal information in the situations below:
- When we decide if we are putting you forward for a recruitment process
- Business planning and management which includes accounting and auditing
- Conducting data analytics
5. Data Sharing
40:40 Recruitment Ltd have never and will never share your personal information with third parties without your prior consent.
6. How do we protect this data?
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being altered, disclosed, accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Access to your personal information can only be accessed by employees of 40:40 Recruitment Ltd, contractors, third parties who would only process your personal information on our instructions and are bound by confidentiality. We have a procedure to deal with any suspected breach of personal data and would notify you and the appropriate regulator as required by law.
7. How long do we store data?
We will keep your CV / data for as long as deemed necessary to enable us to contact you about job opportunities, unless you have asked for your data to be deleted.
8. Access to your data
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Should you require that we provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you then please contact us by email at: email@example.com
Should you require that we delete your personal data then please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that we remove your details from our records
9. How can the you raise a complaint?
If you have any comments, issues or would like to complain please contact us by email at: email@example.com